Thursday, July 10, 2008

Baked Chicken Parcels

I live in a pretty nice neighbourhood. We've got a few parks around; trees on the sidewalk; a healthy Botanical Garden just a couple of blocks away and it's all quite breathtaking during autumn. Sometimes I wish I had a dog to walk. Minus the responsibility having to collect it's poop. I'll get Mr. G to do that. :D

My status on Facebook is currently: 'Mable is looking for keen dessert and cake eater.'
It's not that there's anything wrong with the stuff I make. The problem is really about me packing on the extra kilos. I love food but if I'm going to look like Michellin Man, I ain't going to be a very happy monkey.

I hate throwing stuff away. I take after my momma. Actually, come to think of it, both my parents are hoarders. No one throws stuff away. We're like a squirrel family. Anyway, I digress.

Where O where can I find nice people to give my food to?

Here's a two-minute recipe:
Baked Chicken Parcels (serves 2)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

  • 1kg chicken drumsticks
  • 75g oyster mushrooms or shitake mushrooms
  • 3 stalks spring onions (cut into 3cm lengths)
  • Grease proof paper
  • Ginger, thinly sliced
  • Radish, sliced
  • Extra spring onions, sliced thinly, as garnish
Seasoning:
  • 1½ tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 2 tbsp oyster sauce
  • 1 tbsp white or Chinese wine (optional)
  • 1½ tbsp corn flour
  • 1½ tbsp sugar
  • 2 tsp fish sauce
  • ½ tsp pepper
Method:
  1. Preheat the oven at 250°C
  2. Remove excess fat and skin off chicken.
  3. Marinate with seasoning and leave for 2 -3 hours.
  4. Mix in mushrooms and spring onions.
  5. Cut grease proof into 12cm x 15cm. Fold into envelopes.
  6. In each envelope, spoon in 1 drumstick, mushroom, ginger and spring onion.
  7. Bake in baking tray for 40 – 45 minutes.
  8. Serve with fresh radish and extra spring onions.


Get paid to review my post - Read here for more details.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is very similar to my paper baked chicken except mine minus the celery and fish sauce and added ginger juice :p

Happee Monkee said...

Pols!! Welcome to Twentysomething!!
This IS your recipe. I've adapted it to what I had in my kitchen.
Except, I didn't have any celery in it. Were you referring to the radish? That's just to add color to the dish.

Cheeky said...

hehehe.. pol, i sent mabs the recipe XD coz i knew that she would most likely try it out instead of me! hahaha.. i prefer eating :P

ICook4Fun said...

I am having the same problem as you. I love to bake but need someone to eat it so I will give it to the neighbors and also pack it up for my husband to take to his office mates. Let me fatten them up :) :) I did the same kind of chicken recently but mine too without radish. Healthier version of 'chee pau kai'

Unknown said...

Hi Mabel,
I just found your blog but I cant decide what is more impressive the photography or the stories... this is definatley going to be a regular for Adam and I!

you can check out what we're eating at foodscovery.blogspot.com
(we're not nearly as pro as you!)

xx

Maggie said...

This looks fabulously fabulous. Even I could have a go at this and I think my OH would really appreciate it.