Friday, June 13, 2008

Strawberry Cheesecake

I apologize for my absence this last week. I was taking it easy. Letting my baking thumb chill a bit. But I'm back and I hope you didn't miss me too much. Let's start with a brand new week shall we?

I've never made a cheesecake in my life. So this was a nerve-wrecking experiment for me. If it wasn't scary enough, it was for Mr. G's birthday dinner. And if that wasn't gut-wrenching still, his entire family was there to play food critic. Gah... the pressure.

So here's a fool-proof recipe for those who:
a. Need a cheesecake in under an hour
b. Need a cheesecake that is both 'healthy' (O come now, strawberries are good for ya!) and tasty
c. Need a cheesecake to impress

This is sure to hit all dings.

Strawberry Cheesecake
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 1/2 cups sweet biscuit crumbs
70g butter, melted
500g block Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 tablespoon gelatine, dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
2 tbsp of lemon juice
500g punnet strawberries, halved
1/4 cup strawberry jam
2 teaspoons water

Method

  1. Combine biscuit crumbs and butter, press into base of a lined and greased 20cm spring form pan; chill (or, put it in the freezer for 10 mins).
  2. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and lemon juice and beat until smooth.
  3. Fold through the gelatine mixture. Pour into prepared base, put it in the fridge for 3 hours or like me, 40 mins in the freezer to set.
  4. Heat strawberry jam and water in the microwave for 30 seconds or until runny. Cool.
  5. Arrange sliced strawberries over the cheesecake, brush with glaze and serve.

4 comments:

Hui Yee said...

This looks so yummy... I want some. Post to me ya...

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful...love it!

Happee Monkee said...

Hui Yee: HAHA It was not bad but I'm sorry, can't post it to you. Against my personal hygiene policy. Make it for KK some day.

NP: Thanks! and Thanks for regularly dropping by with really sweet comments.

test it comm said...

That cheesecake looks so good!