We have hot weather here in Penang, Malaysia for the past few days. My husband is feeling a bit sick. So, I have decided to cook rice noodle soup. This is a simple meal and easy to cook. It takes about 1hr to prepare the ingredients and finish cooking.
- Boil 200ml water in medium high heat. Add in the rice noodle when water is boiling. When water reboil, turn off the heat. Drain off the water and let some cold water run over the noodle. Set aside.
- Use another medium sized pot to boil 400ml of water in medium high heat. This is to make the soup.
- Add in the chicken drumsticks or chicken fillet and the chunk carrots.
- Once the soup boil, add in the spinach and diced grey oyster mushroom. Leave it for a few minute till water reboil.
- Lastly, add in the fish cakes and leave it till water reboil.
- Add salt to taste. Turn off heat.
- Put rice noodle into bowl. Dish out the soup ingredients and soup into bowl.