Friday, July 4, 2008

A Penny for Your Post

If you spend as much time as I do on the internet you'd start wishing for every time you logged on, someone paid you. Seriously, with all the oil prices going up, why not get paid to blog? Its good have some extra cash in your wallet to get around and get more groceries for your food blogging obsession.

I found out there was a website PayPerPost who pays bloggers for reviewing products or services. A blogger can be paid from $5 to $35 for one post. ONE POST! Isn't that fantastic? I don't know about you but I was jumping out of my pajamas when I found out (Yes, I do get excited very easily). Make your first blog post about PerPerPost itself and they will even pay you $20! (Just to give you an idea how much some of PPP's bloggers are paid, the all -time highest earners earns around $19,000 to $22,000)

I used to work in the magazine business. I never had time for myself or my family. My friends hardly saw me and well, let's just say it was a busy unremarkable life. It could be good fun and my bosses were great but when my mom got sick, it became clear to me that I could spend my entire life chasing stories and not have precious moments with my loved ones.

From then on I started looking for ways to have a fulfilling life. Life's too short to be not being there for your self, the people you care about and the miracles of life. So I chose to have time and time to spend doing things that I'm passionate about.

I love writing and photography. I certainly love food - eating and cooking it. This is what this blog is all about - following ones heart and throwing in something edible once in a while. And if someone wants to pay me to blog about my passions, wellllll... even better. :) I won't be one to complain.

Look at me. Getting all windy about my life. I got carried away like a reminiscing old granny. Anyway, go ahead and check it out. It could be for you, or it might not be. Either way, it's going to pay for my next food post :D (Apple Pie - recipe courtesy of a certain cousin).

0 comments: