Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mushroom Chicken

                       IMG_7947

Aloha! My first post here! My mum went "Nah! Here's the ladle and the wok. The kitchen's all yours". That's how I started cooking. My family had to endured tasteless or super salty food for 2 months, but I managed to get it right after that. And that happened 9 years ago.

Yehhh... so I'm practically a veteran at cooking hurhur. But I don't know any recipes, nor do I refer to any. Too lazy. I'm a veteran at cooking simple and nameless everyday family dishes concocted with whatever ingredients available at that time. Used to cook everyday (*gasp) while I was loafing in uni but nowadays my job only allows me to cook on weekends.

So here's one of my very very simple recipes at home, Mushroom Chicken.

Ingredients (serves 4) :

  1. Quarter chicken, preferably thigh and drumstick part.
  2. Black Shitake mushrooms (5 pieces or more if you like)
  3. A few slices of ginger
  4. Soya sauce, dark sweet sauce, salt and pepper
  5. Chinese rice wine

Method :

  1. Soak the dry Black Shitake mushrooms for around 2 hours till they soften.
  2. Chop the chicken into smaller pieces.
  3. Marinate it with soya sauce, dark sweet sauce, salt and pepper.
  4. Cut the mushrooms into thin slices.
  5. Squeeze out the water from the mushrooms.
  6. Heat up the wok and put in some oil.
  7. When the oil is hot, throw in the slices of ginger and hear it crackle!
  8. Once you smell the aroma of the ginger, throw in the mushroom slices and stir.
  9. Pour in some soya sauce. The mushrooms will soak up the soya sauce and they will give out a nice mushroomy aroma.
  10. Throw in the marinated chicken and stirfry.
  11. Add in some water and close the lid.
  12. Leave it to simmer for around 10 minutes. Open the lid to stir occasionally.
  13. Open the lid and add 2 table spoons of Chinese rice wine and stir.
  14. Off the fire and dish out to serve.

                        IMG_7951

0 comments: