Tuesday, June 24, 2008

When Did You Last Give Yourself Flowers?


When was it? Last year? Five years ago? Never?
I used to have a housemate who bought herself flowers from time to time. Another girl and I thought, what a waste of money. To tell you the truth, I think we were just jealous.

Where's self-love in our society? You say self-love and someone goes 'What'd you say? Self-love? That's like kissing yourself in the mirror. Ewwww...'

Buy yourself flowers.

Don't wait for your/a man to buy them for you.

Life isn't going to wait for you till that happens.

A meteor might just hit you in the head.

Or somewhere worst.

So go, go buy yourself some flowers.

Go forth and be happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. It reminds me of the days when I used to live in Seattle and walk down to the open market and buy myself flowers every pay day... *sigh. Good times.

Anonymous said...

i might just buy a bouquet for myself today.

arlene,
Silverdale florist

Happee Monkee said...

Hi Joy,
Remember to pamper yourself from time to time. I love your blog btw and will put up a link to it soon.

Hey Arlene,
You're a very lucky person to be surrounded by flowers all the time. :)