Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie

I'm not quite a cookie sort of girl. But (there's always a 'but') I do love Subway chewy chocolate chip cookies and I can never have enough of those. It's crunchy on the outside yet gooey chewy doughy on the inside. Yum!

I found this recipe on Baking Sheet and decided to give it a go. I must have baked it too long cos my cookie ended up crunchy. *sigh* I have to say, they taste great. They're the dunk-able sorts. The type you can soak in a glass of milk and eat it milky-soggy. Hmmmm....

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (makes 18-24 large cookies)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  • 2 cups plain flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled until just warm
  • 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 160c (or 325F).
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
  4. In a large bowl, whisk together butter and sugar.
  5. Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla.
  6. Stir in flour mixture, followed by chocolate chips.
  7. Arrange mixture unto tray and pat lightly so the cookie is an even thickness, not a ball shape. Cookies will spread as they bake and this ensures a more even spread.
  8. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until just turning light brown all over.
  9. The edges should only be very slightly more brown, if at all, from the rest of the cookie.
  10. Allow cookies to cool before removing them from the baking sheet.

2 comments:

Lore said...

YUM! I could eat a dozen of these. Love the photo, it's so powerful thanks to the vivid colours, way to go!

Happee Monkee said...

Yes, you could. I know I did (and hence I'll be in my fat pants for the week).