Monday, June 2, 2008

Bircher Breakfast

After the night's sugar fest, I thought a healthy breakfast is called for. I've had this a couple of times at cafes and it's my absolute favourite. It's really easy (that's what this website is all about right?) and cheap to make. Just throw everything in overnight and it's almost ready by morning. Trust me, your body will thank you for it.

Bircher Muesli (serves 4)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cup apple juice
1 cup grated Granny Smith apple (skin on)
1/2 cup strawberry yoghurt
1 tablespoon honey
1 cup chopped strawberries, sultanas, coconut, pineapple
1 tablespoon slithered almonds, walnuts and sunflower seeds

Method
1. Place oats, sultanas, coconut, pineapple, seeds and nuts in a container.
2. Add apple juice. Stir to combine.
3. Refrigerate overnight.
4. When ready to serve, stir in grated apple, honey and yoghurt through muesli.
5. Spoon into bowls. Top with strawberries. Serve.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Hi it's Lauren, your June Taste&Create partner. Please get out of my brain, because I was just looking for good meusli recipe! Meuseli like this is, I feel, very little known in the states. I discovered it while traveling in Europe. I haven't decided if I will make this or something a little more foreign to me for the challenge, but it made me smile to see this on your page.