Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Teddy's Challenge #2

This week, Teddy says I must make Baked Caramel Custard.

Caramel Custards and I go a long way back. Not like I've made them ever but because I ate them long before I've known how. My first encounter with Caramel Custard was when my sister made it. I must have been 8 or 9. My sister baked a lot then - and even now. I've probably mentioned before that she's the in-house baker. I'm usually the in-house eater and occasional food critic.

Back to Caramel Custards. I loved the eggy smoothness, the smell of caramel lingering in the bowl long after it's down the gastro pipelines. Every time I see Caramel Custard on the menu my heart beats a beat faster, my stomach growls a notch higher and it brings back memories of how sweet the very first contact was... the long furtive glances. The slightly opened mouth. The moist feelings between the lips. And eventually, the satisfactory *sigh*.

Now, making it... hmmm... that'll be an interesting experience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll do great making it! Can't wait to see it.

Happee Monkee said...

Thanks for visiting Twenty Something!

Happee Monkee said...

Good lord! I just read your Get-Your-Fat-Pants-Out post. I'm almost died from a cardiac arrest just looking at it! That's it. I'm buying a pair of XL sweat pants first thing tomorrow. Life's too short anyway.