Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Green Tea Cupcake



Hello, I'm writing this post at Mr. T's place because my laptop is in the workshop as we speak. A couple of weeks ago, it lost its voice. I thought the 'sore throat' would go away but Mr. G eventually work out it might be a hardware problem. So it's at the doctors having it's tonsils removed. Apparently, it's all ready to come home so I'm relieved. How lonely my days have been...

Anyhoo... it hasn't stopped me from baking.

Got tired of the usual chocolate and cheese so I thought I made something 'different'. The result? Milky yummy cancer-fighting cupcakes! Dessert that's good for you! Whee! We need more of those in the world.

Now, for the recipe.

Green Tea Cupcake (Makes 12)
----------------------------------------------------------
175g butter, softened
3 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 3/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
85g instant green tea powder
3 tbsp milk

The Method
1. Preheat the oven to 160c.
2. Cream sugar and butter together with an electric mixer until fluffy.
3. Add flour and eggs. Beat till smooth.
4. Add green tea powder and milk.
5. Line a cupcake tray and fill the cup 3/4 full.
6. You know it's ready when you can smell cupcakes in the air. Seriously. But for an idiot-proof method, skewer it and if it comes out clean then it's done.
7. And if you think those holes are unsightly, then frost it with basic icing.


Twentysomething Notes:

Creaming the sugar and butter together gives cakes and cupcakes a lighter, fluffier texture. Its like biting into a cloud thereafter. I also used an instant green tea drink mix that had non-dairy creamer and sugar. If you're using green tea powder without sugar, then add an additional 1/2 cup sugar to the recipe.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Your green tea is very 'on-trend' at the moment.
Only the other day I saw a recipe for green tea macaron's.

Happee Monkee said...

Really? I guess it's just a matter of time.