Thursday, April 24, 2008

Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie



I made this for my flat mate's dinner date. Well, anyhoo, it was an excuse to bake something (I'm looking for work so while I wait I'll bake). I have to say that it turned out interestingly, OK. I hadn't expected that because I had bought the wrong sort of cheese and it was watery and I had to think fast on how to save the sinking ship.

I must have done something right because it was YUMS! and no one has died yet.

Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie
----------------------------------------------------------
brownie base
185g butter, melted
1/4 cup cocoa butter, sifted
1 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
1 cup self-raising flour. sifted

cheesecake
285g cream cheese, softened and chopped
4 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
2 eggs

Method
1. Preheat the oven at to 160c (325f).
2. Place the butter, cocoa, eggs, sugar and flour in a bowl and mix until smooth.
3. Spoon into 20cm (8 in) square slice tin (buttered).
4. Mix cream cheese, sugar and eggs until smooth.
5. Place over brownie mix and swirl with a butter knife.
6. Bake for 45 - 50 mins or until skewer comes out clean when tested.
7. Let it cool.
8. Breathe in the rich, chocolaty aroma that floats in the room.
9. Dust with icing sugar and savor with pride.

0 comments: