As strange as this may sound, I'm quite unused to blogger now that I'm working more with Wordpress (on Happee Monkee) . I know it hasn't been that long but really, there is that awkwardness when you change systems like for example between a Mac and a PC. I found when I was using Mac, it was rather difficult to switch back to a PC and vice versa. Or it's like, you taking a different route to work - and after two months you switch back - wouldn't it feel a little strange? We're after all, creatures of habit.
I should declare this week to be Cupcake Week. We seem to have a pattern here. And did I tell you that I just bought a new cookbook? All about cupcakes, cheesecakes and cookies! I love it to bits. Before I go to bed, I read it to myself like a bedtime story. Well laugh if you want, but those pictures are really pretty and I want to go to bed in a happy state of mind.
Passion Fruit Cupcake (makes 12)
- 75g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 small eggs
- 1/4 cup passionfruit pulp (2 fruits)
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbs self-raising flour
- Heat oven to 180C. Grease or line 12 muffin pans with paper cases.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla together until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in passionfruit pulp, then fold in sifted flour.
- Half fill paper cases with mixture and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of one cake comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Passionfruit Cream Cheese Frosting
- 30g butter, softened
- 80g cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 2 passionfruits
- Cream butter, cream cheese and icing sugar together. Don’t over beat the frosting.
- Fold in pulp from one passion fruit. Mix well.
- Swirl frosting on cupcakes. To decorate, squeeze some pulp on top.