Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ginger Tiramisù




For your benefit, I must tell you that I'm getting hooked to this blog. I'm constantly thinking of baking, cooking, ingredients, new china.... It's like, every morning I wake up and I need my daily dose of food-blog-fix!

I told Mr. G that I get all pumped up just thinking about what to do next; how to make it look pretty; figuring out the best way of photographing it and then putting it on display. (I get so so so so excited when another food blogger drops by and leaves a comment - it's like there's some sort of kinship going on).

This is a really easy recipe to follow. But don't soak the biscuits too long or else you'll end up like mine... in the bin.

I also have to warn you, you don't want to share this with too many people. Why not? Well, let's just say I didn't have trouble finishing this on my own.

Ginger Tiramisù
----------------------------------------------------------
600ml thickened cream
3/4 cup coffee liqueur like Kahlua
250g Ginger Nut biscuits
grated chocolate or cocoa powder, to garnish

The Method
1. Whip cream until soft peaks form.
2. Pour coffee liqueur into a flat dish.
3. Place biscuits into the dish, soak it for 5 seconds on each sides. (Be careful not to soak it too long)
4. Take one biscuit, spread a tablespoon of cream, then sandwich another biscuit on top.
5. Turn biscuits on the side and continue to layer until you have a log.
6. Smooth the remaining cream over the top and sides.
7. Refrigerate for a few hours for a crunchy texture or longer for a softer dessert.
8. Garnish with cocoa powder and chocolate shavings.
9. Sit back with a love letter and spoon in. Purr, baby, purr!


(Note to Mr. G: Happy Anniversary honey!)

0 comments: